HOME
About XSYU News & Events Administration Schools&Dept Admission Faculty&Staff Academics&Research International Campus Life
You are now browsing : Home » About XSYU » History
   
 

 

History
 

1951 Founding of the school as Northwest Oil Industry Secondary School, the first one of the kind aimed at cultivating the much-needed talents for the oil industry after the founding of New China in 1949.
1958Upgraded as Xi'an Petroleum Institute with the approval of the State Council to meet the demands for more talents as a result of the rapid development of petroleum industry.
1970Enrollment stopped because of “the Great Cultural Revolution”.
1980The school resumed, with the approval of the State Council and the present campus ( City Campus) Set up in today’s Xi'an High-tech Development Zone.
2000Transferred from a school attached to CNPC(China National Petroleum & Gas Corporation ) to a regular university run by both central and local governments, chiefly administered by Shaanxi provincial government.
2003With the approval of the State Education Commission, renamed as Xi'an Shiyou University.
 
 
 
Xi'an Shiyou University, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province,710065, P. R. China
©2012 Xi'an Shiyou University. All rights reserved